After a busy few weeks where I’ve not been at home much, today I managed to get the Pale Ale bottled.

Unfortunately I only ended up with 10 bottles, I think I lost a lot of liquid to the dry hops. I also realised how truly terrible my bottle capper is, it seems to slide off at angles and makes bottling without knocking bottles over everywhere very difficult. I look forward to the day I can find space for a worktop mounted one.

The beer smelt good, and I managed to bottle everything without making a complete mess ☺️ I added a tap to one of my small fermenter buckets and used the bottling stick to fill the bottles. Everything was sterilised and filled up within the hour.

Small-fermenting-buckets-in-kitchen

My two small fermenting buckets, now with added tap!

Ten bottles are now sat in our, previously very empty, beer cupboard, hopefully they’ll be ready to drink in a couple of weeks.